The Williams College Board of Trustees voted to approve a Policy Regarding the Management of College Records at their meeting on Oct 15, 2016. This policy affirms the Records Management Program at the College and the role of the Records Manager. The policy also:
- Defines records retention schedules pertaining to records created and maintained by the College
- Defines College property as official records created or received by the College and its employees in the course of their official duties
- Identifies the role of the the records liaison in each College unit
- Outlines acceptable methods of destruction for records and non-records
- Defines a process for “litigation holds.”
The General Records Retention Schedule supports the Williams College Policy Regarding the Management of Records and provides guidance in the creation of office/departmental records retention schedules and for the management of certain types of records that are common to most offices at Williams College.