We encourage you to preserve your physical and digital materials.
Here is some helpful documentation created by Special Collections staff:
- Licensing Your Work
- Tips for Making Your Videos Usable and Enduring
- Why Archive?
- “Wow, I have way too much stuff! (presentation, April 2013)
Other useful information:
- The Library of Congress offers substantial guidance on personal digital archiving. Their site provides tips for how individuals and groups can preserve personal digital collections.
- Cornell University’s guide details a number of ideas on how to create a personal digital archive.
- MIT’s digital archives blog offers a number of online resources.
- Columbia University’s Digital Humanities Center discusses personal digital archiving in the context of digital preservation.
- Paradigm’s guidelines for creators of personal digital archives.
If you have any questions regarding how to preserve or store your research, personal photos, papers, videos, or digital images, please contact us.